Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September, '08


September has been a busy month for DSM. Cindy and I were able to attend the Twin River's Mission Conference in St. Louis. We had a great time and loved hanging out with old friends and making some new ones. Even though hurricane Ike dumped tons of rain cancelling the Sunday service.
The annual Victory Church golf tournament also was fun, once again seeing some old friends and sponsoring one of the holes.
Our 15Th. anniversary celebration was awesome, there was a good turn out with the best partners in the world. Cindy prepared some mouth watering Costa Rican dishes.
And finally we held our DSM's Board of Directors meeting, while we were in St. Louis. I thank God for the members and their wisdom. We all are looking forward to the next 15 years.

1 comment:

Evan and Hannah said...

Hey Dan,

Hannah and I were really excited to see Cindy at the missions service last sunday
at twin Rivers. I hope you both are doing well. i have a few questions for you.
First of all, I am an assistant coach for our women's volleyball team her at
Lincoln Christian College where I am a student. They were looking at possibly going
to San Jose, Costa Rica with Score International. They would be doing volleyball
clinics for local schools along with some other ministry oppurtunities. Unfortunatley,
Score Intl somehow got booked before they finalized plans. Would their be any way
for you guys to get us connected with a school that would be intersted in having
my team and I come down to give them some lessons? They are also definetly open
to doing some other ministry things in addition to that. I was just checking to
see if this would be possible and what other oppurtunities you might be able to
help us out with ministry wise? The trip would be from March 7-14. This would also
have to include time for travel. I have heard some desire to help out in an orphanage
as well, these are great girls and are willing to help out in any way they can.
Their would be between 15-20 of us most likely.If you do have anything in mind that
would be great if I could find out some of your ideas and an approximate cost. Since
the other trip got cancelled we are a little bit behind on time to get everything
in order being that the trip is in March and sign ups for all our trips school are
in Mid October. i really appreciate your help. I love hearing about all the Lord
is doing through you guys. You and your wife both are a huge blessing to me and
Hannah. Its great having an awesome couple like you behind us as we prepare for
life on the field. May God Bless you all in your endeavors.
If you would like to call me(dont know how feasable that is) give me a call at 314-456-3007.


For His Glory,

Evan